EPL: Rio Ferdinand names team that will win title

Forum 4 weeks ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand names team that will win title

Former Manchester United defender, Rio Ferdinand has said he still believes Manchester City will win the Premier League title.

As it stands, only one point separates the top three clubs.

The Gunners climbed to the summit on Wednesday night, following a 2-0 win over Luton Town, while Pep Guardiola’s men thumped Aston Villa 4-1.

Liverpool will be expected to go back to the top when they host Sheffield United on Thursday night.

Speaking ahead of Wednesday’s games, Ferdinand said on TNT Sports: “On paper, I think Man City have got the easier run-in and experience is going to play a big part.

“Liverpool have three away games against teams that you wouldn’t say are big teams [Fulham, Everton and West Ham] but three away games [in a row] are difficult. Aston Villa away as well and obviously Manchester United away at the weekend.

“Arsenal have the toughest run-in and Man City… I’ve said this from the beginning of the season and I’ll continue to say this now [they are favourites].”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo